Alfred's Basic Piano Library Lesson 6
- This easy step-by-step method emphasizes correct playing habits and note reading through interval recognition.
- Level 6 concepts include: a review of major and minor triads; diminished and augmented triads; the diminished seventh chord; a special style of pedaling; the key of F-sharp Minor; the E Major scale; the key of C-sharp minor; the A-flat Major scale; thirty-second notes; and dotted sixteenth notes.
- This book also contains an important daily scale routine and a dictionary of musical terms.
- Songs include: Ay-Ay-Ay * Shenandoah * Barcarolle (Morovsky) * Blue Rondo * A Classy Rag * Deep River * Dry Bones * Fascination (Marchetti) * Festive Dance * Fur Elise (Beethoven) * Hungarian Dance * Jazz Ostinato in C-sharp Minor * La Folia (Theme and Variations) * Menuet, French Suite No. 6 (Bach ) * Music Machine (Palmer) * Prelude in D Minor (Clementi) * Scherzo (Kabalevsky) * Solfeggio (C. P. E. Bach) * Theme from Symphony No. 6 (Tchaikovsky) * Toccata (Palmer) * Variations on "Canon in D" (Pachelbel) * Waltz Impromptu (Kullak)
- By Willard A. Palmer, Morton Manus, and Amanda Vick Lethco
- An Alfred publication